View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 09:37 PM
A_shiningstar
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkDundee (View Post)
That would be sweet. Perhaps she'll deck Narcisse (one can always dream).
That would have been THE BEST! I really wanted Mary to deck him when he was "banishing" her. I was like someone needs to put him in his place!!!!

Thank goodness Charles eventually did. With the secret help from his mother, of course. When he was in the privy council meeting, I was like ohhh she was behind this...She knew he would react this way. And we had seen in the previews the hooded meeting in the woods, when that started to happen I knew she was giving him back the gold. Oh Catherine...she means well but goes about such an odd way of doing things. I don't think Claude will find out, and if she did, I'm not sure she'd care...she'd be angry of course, but hey she has what she wanted now - her freedom not to be forced into a marriage.

I had no idea that Megan's daughter was in tonight's episode until I read it here. That is really cool that she had the chance to do that. Megan did an excellent job directing. I think it is really sweet what Greer's sister is doing. I like how Greer put her in her place though and explained why, and how she wanted it to be. Greer will make a good "aunt."

Back to Claude - Yay for Cleith! How sweet was Leith's proposal. "I will rise in station..." Sounds a little familiar, since he said something similar to Greer. He'll make it happen...and the sweetest part is Claude believes in him.

I don't dislike Gideon. I feel like he has been a pawn in Elizabeth's game. Mary is clever, and knows how to "act." I was somewhat bothered by their kiss...but as long as it was "fake" I was not bothered as much as I could have been. The second one, I wasn't bothered by because HE initiated it, and she shut it down. I honestly do not think there is any interest there....but like Keri said these writers cannot be trusted...so I don't know.

Elizabeth's story-line didn't bore me as much as usual tonight. I think her adviser guy is the one that poisoned her...The one that almost drank the tea for himself. Dudley wouldn't have done it, because obviously that was his child. He does love her, and it is just an impossible situation for those two. Thanks Amy...

Ok Major revelation I am having to share here. The "adviser" of Elizabeth's is named William, and played by Tom Everett Scott, aka the young "Tom Hanks" lookalike from the movie "That Thing you Do!" I cannot believe I didn't realize this sooner! The only reason I discovered it now was because I was looking up something on imdb about the episode from tonight.

I'm highly afraid of losing this long post. So I'm just going to post it now. Hope that is all of my thoughts.

ETA: ok Tom Everett Scott has been in lot of things since That Thing You Do, even other shows on the CW in fact (much to my surprise).
A_shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote