View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 07:52 PM
kerbear28
Fan Forum Hero

Well I think Megan did an incredible job in her directorial debut! It was another fast paced episode, but everything flowed very well and was nicely shot.

Now to the episode itself... SO MUCH GOING ON!

Some random thoughts:

Elizabeth's storyline was so sad. Sure, seeing her hide her pregnancy was a little creepy, but... Lola just gets done telling Liz that her son is the joy of her life and she has a miscarriage because she's poisoned. And she STILL is not able to be with the man she loves. Poor girl. Who do you think is behind the poisoning? I'm glad she did the right thing and sent Gideon's daughter, Agatha, to France to be with her father. So I take it that Lola's family is still being held hostage? I wonder if we'll get more Liz/Lola interactions. I enjoyed their scenes.

CLEITH!!!! Oh my goodness it was amazing. Claude's wedding to the Duke was so so sad, and everything looked hopeless. Leith was so sad that Claude was married and was drowning his sorrows at Greer's tavern. It was so heartbreaking to see that his faith in love was faltering. I adore that Greer comforted him, though. For a moment, it looked like they have switched perspectives on love. Now Greer is the romantic again.

I was cheering so loudly when Claude's husband tried to hit her and she LAID HIM OUT. Such an awesome scene: "I AM A PRINCESS!" I was so thrilled that Charles had the marriage annulled and then.... Leith proposed!!!! It was the sweetest thing. He promised to raise in station so he could marry her, and she believes he will. Thank GOD. I don't think I could stand seeing Leith hurting...AGAIN.

CATHERINE IS REGENT!!!!!! It's about time! So it took seeing Claude injured to realize that Narcisse can't be trusted? Regardless, I'm thrilled that he finally woke up and helped his mother regain power. Also, it was nice to see the Bash/Charles scene...even if it was brief. In the end, we learn that Catherine was responsible for hiring the Duke to marry Claude and mistreat her. It sounds very twisted, but I understand she only did it to protect her daughter from being forced into a horrible marriage. Plus, it got Charles to see the truth, so... I'm not angry about it. I'm sure that Claude's ultimate safety was a part of the deal.

Ok, so Mary and Gideon. Ugh. I still don't know what to think. I was thrilled that Mary shut him down at the end, and it seemed pretty firm. However, the only reason she gave him was that they can't love each other if their countries are enemies (okay...) and maybe it's just me anticipating the worst, but she seemed to enjoy their kisses. And I can't trust these writers enough to believe it's truly over. We'll just have to see. It just seems too familiar... a dark-haired court outsider who helps Mary and ends up falling in love with her. Can you blame me for being nervous? Plus, I'm bitter that "Mideon" got a wet/rain kiss and Frary didn't. I, for one, am not giving Mary a "free pass" just because Francis begged her to love again as he took his dying breath. She said she would never love anyone the way she loves Francis, and I am going to hold her to that.

ETA: I forgot Greer's story! Martin the Pirate is back! She is planning to give up her baby to her sister. I love that she wants to remain close to her child and teach him or her what is really important. And her sister was played by Megan's daughter Lyla! She's very pretty and did a great job.

AND REIGN IS BACK IN THE SPRING!

Last edited by kerbear28; 01-22-2016 at 09:33 PM
kerbear28 is offline   Reply With Quote