View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 12:55 PM
degausser
Master Fan

Adrienne
What do you expect? I've got the three most stylish sisters to make sure I look my best. Can't have you messing that up, can I? Adrienne almost smiled. Almost. She seemed to recall a time when she and her younger sisters delighted in nothing more than to experiment with any number of makeovers as if Ford Delongpre were their very own life sized doll to play with. Such was the hazard of being the only boy in a family of mostly girls. Adrienne said nothing of this however, doubting her brother had even been old enough to recall one of her more fonder memories as a teenager. She also had the grace to pretend she didn't notice the way his expression ebbed at the mention of the auction, turning her gaze instead upon the merry crowd around them and putting on the perfunctory smile whenever making eye contact with someone she knew.

Only when Ford spoke again did she look back at him.

"She got to me early as well, tactfully observing the fact that my ring finger was once again vacant of any ornament." As if on cue she managed to pick Lynette Donahue out of the crowd, cheeks flushed pink and almond colored eyes narrowed to slits as she appeared to be engaged in heated conversation with their youngest Jordan cousin and Rory Gallagher. Her gaze lingered just long enough to contemplate the subject of their no doubt thrilling discussion before losing interest altogether and turning back in time to see her brother visibly tense up. Though admittedly curious as to what might have cause to alarm Ford in such a manner, he swiftly changed the subject before she had a chance to voice her concern. What about her? Adrienne narrowed her eyes, somehow already knowing where this conversation was going.

"My evening has been fabulous so far." And why shouldn't it be? Adrienne detected the smallest hint of concern in his tone, but Ford at least had the grace to not outright ask her if she was doing okay the way Cadence had earlier. Almost as if there was someone lurking about who might have once been a great subject of distress for her. Hmm, wonder who that could have been? "Your offer is generous, but unnecessary. I see no reason why I can't go one evening of grudgingly coexisting with the likes of Phillip Sinclaire," from a distance anyway, "without it resorting to bloodshed." Adrienne turned a bemused, inquisitive expression back on her brother. "Though out of curiosity, would you have taken on the task of besting a supposed purple heart yourself? Or would you have contracted out for it?"