View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 04:33 AM
AsgardianJane
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacenjen (View Post)
What I never got was the conversation P&J had in the finale in the kitchen. When Joey makes reference of always running ( haven't watched it in the long time so not 100% sure of what exactly she says but I know she references like she is always running). Running from who? Pacey? When did she ever run from Pacey? You can totally tell that conversation professing her feelings was totally meant for Dawson. What I am trying to say here is that scene was totally meant for Dawson and Joey ending up together as what was being said was more appropriate to their relationship and history. This tells me the finale was changed at last minute and didn't even have the chance to change the dialogue. Kevin totally wrote that with a D/J ending I know it! lol I know Keven wanted it to end with D/J just like we did and how it should have. Still bugs me to this day how it ended. So out of nowhere! grrrrr
The Off the Hook speech was written for Pacey and Joey but I don't think it was written by Kevin. I could be wrong but I'm sure on the DVD they said it was someone else. And they chopped it up and rearranged it anyway in editing. Because they were trying to keep the suspense of the choice going they really couldn't have her say what she feels for Pacey as it would give it away. The line about her love for Dawson being innocent and childish was meant to be contrasted with her saying her love for Pacey was like a 'woman loves a man'.

As far as when it was changed, we know that the first half was written for DJo, so up until Jen gets sick. They were filming it as two separate episodes so the first half was shooting and they were writing the second half when Kevin had his epiphany.

I wrote an Off The Hook cheat sheet a few weeks ago showing where the speech echoes other PJo scenes http://www.fanforum.com/84273501-post177.html
AsgardianJane is offline   Reply With Quote