View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 05:27 PM
secretk
Master Fan

I hope you don't mind too much for reviving this thread, but I kind of started watching the show last week and I binged wathed so my thoughts on Season 1 are still fresh and I wanted to share them. Hey if not something else, at least it increases the post count .

I do like the show and at least for me in most cases it has good balance between characters interactions/relationships and police cases.

I am more into straight out police shows than into straight relationship shows. In general I rarely watch shows for the characters development only. In most cases they bore me . I also end up having problems with all the characters. Having police cases as main plot in the episode works for me better because I like mysteries and I like seeing them being solved.

I am not into the too emotional characters because I'm not emotional person so Chicago PD wins me with characters that don't spend half of the time in episode crying and discussing drama. I really loved that. I like more that they their feelings into being assertive and agrresive when it comes to doing their jobs. That being said sometimes they are too brutal and sometimes the violence gets too much.

Now of course as every other show there are moments that I like more than others and episodes that are better than others, but overall it's a good show and I enjoy it so far. It has interesting characters, nice blend between personal drama and police work and great one liners and sassy comments .

The Crossovers are bit more weird to me because I don't watch the others show related to that universe. Chicago Fire and Chicago Med are missing the police aspect that I like and have more relationships accents which is not what I want. SVU is not bad, but I prefer to watch either 40 minutes of police work or 40 minutes of attorney work. Having them both in the same episode always feels rushed to me. So yeah those crossovers are a bit confusing, but I just use some recaps sources to get informed about the basics.