View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 09:29 AM
Captivating
Elite Fan

OOC: I might get Cadence out one last time. It depends on my work load today. Merry (almost) Christmas, everyone!

Lynette Donahue
Three, two, one, there it was. Sydney’s annoyance showed through her best game face. Glee dispersed from the top of Lynette’s headpiece to the soles of her shoes. Why her cousin’s faulty smile brought such pleasure, she couldn’t say. The two had never been friends, would never be friends, and for no logical reason. Lynette cited a difference in breeding only because it proved easiest. A trial wouldn’t produce sufficient evidence for rivalry. Thank God no judge cared to investigate socialite squabbles.

“You know me, selfless as the day is long. No one should be alone during Christmas.” Herself excluded, naturally. Lynette’s work filled her more than a man ever could. Sydney seemed the clingy type. The principle dancer (casting must’ve slept on the job) surrounded herself with people nonstop. Who had time for that many friends, let alone wanted them? Grandmother and Liz Delongpre made up her inner circle. Julian too, Lynette supposed, when he wasn’t being an insufferable hipster. “Right, right, we don’t need a man…feminism and all that, but we’ve got military families to consider.” Sydney expressed her agreement. Tonight was about giving back. It's what the entire holiday season was about.

“I’m glad you see reason.” For once. Victory, as always, was brief. Lynette had just readied herself to give the auction schedule when Rory graced the bar with his disheveled presence. He wanted a whisky neat, did he? Probably the first neat item he’d held in hand for months. The whole Gallagher clan was a joke, but this schmuck took the cake. He’d likely forget his head if it wasn’t attached. “As I was saying, the call for bidding starts promptly at…” “Evening, ladies. You two kiss and make up?” Rory’s interruption was far from well received. “I’m sorry, is barging into a conversation not tacky on your planet?” Lynette’s eyes narrowed, a clear warning. “No one wants you here, Rory, so make like Tom and cruise.”

Last edited by Captivating; 12-23-2015 at 01:24 PM