View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 03:42 PM
degausser
Master Fan

Adrienne
What would her sister do without her? Perservere in spite of the unsurmountable odds? Cadence was far more industrious than anyone gave her credit for. Had she not been around to set her little sister's hair to sorts Cadence would have inevitably found a way to triumph, turning a mishap into a new fashion trend. For half a heartbeat the Adrienne of old managed to reemerge as a warm smile almost exclusively reserved for her two younger sisters found her lips. No words had been necessary to convey her thoughts to her younger sister. Yet the moment was sadly brief. Adrienne could feel her sister grow tense in the way Cadence's fingers clenched her hand. Would she like a protest sign to wave around? No, Adrienne would have preferred an anvil to carry Prescott down to the bottom of the Atlantic ocean where the fish could then dine on his bloated corpse.

She looked away towards the lake once more as if afraid her sister would see straight to her heart and know the truth of her thoughts. Her sister's devotion to her fiance was admirable if not misplaced. "Even if his first dance isn't with you?" Adrienne questioned harshly as her steely blue-green gaze stared hard out over the lake. Now it was her grip that was tightening, her french-tip painted nails digging deep into the flesh of her own palm. Was she being unfair to Cadence, projecting her own insecurities and frustration undeservingly on a loving and doting sister? Maybe, but everyone else had been careful not to offend her or any other relating parties and so it fell to Adrienne to speak the harsh truths Cadence didn't want to hear.

Her sister sqeezed her hand back, a selfless gesture of comfort Adrienne knew she didn't deserve. She looked back at her sister reluctantly. At twenty-two Cadence Delongpre was a bigger person than anyone else Adrienne had ever known in her life, wise well beyond her years. How else to explain the easy way she set her own frustrations aside to comfort a most undeserving sister who had grown so bitter and cold over the years? "I would very much appreciate that." Adrienne was surprised by how strained her voice sound, the wound Phillip Sinclaire left behind feeling every bit as raw as it had the day she lost her little girl. Rose. I was going to name her Rose. She would have been almost ten by now. She had to turn her back to Cadence in that moment, dropping her sister's hand to cross her arms over her chest as anger and grief both welled up in her eyes. "If you could just see that they keep him occupied until the auction, I should be fine." She knew she would have to suffer his presence for the minute or so it took to auction her off, but she'd cross that bridge when she came to it. "That last thing I'd want to do is spoil all of grandmother's hard work by starting World War Four." Her shoulders finally relaxed and Adrienne hung her head contritely before quietly adding, "I'm sorry for what I said earlier. It was unfair and you didn't deserve it."