View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 02:55 AM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
Romantic daphne and Emmett is not something I ever see happening this late in the series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
i feel if they wanted to go there, they would have already
Perhaps it is a pipe dream. I don't think so, though.

The writers have alluded to something being there between them, over the seasons. All along, it has been out there, waiting in the ether to form, to take shape.

The time is ripe for a romantic Daphne & Emmett, if you ask me.

In the beginning, both the New York Times critic Emily Nussbaum and the AV Club critic Carrie Raisler thought that was the way the series would eventually end. They both believed Lizzy Weiss and company had set up an eventual Daphne & Emmett end game. And it took them both a good long while to eventually relent that perhaps they had been wrong.

I do not think a romantic Daphne & Emmett coupling is something the writers ever intended to happen. I do believe that the writers have so completely destroyed Bay & Emmett that it is their only option left, if they want the show to have any sort of message of true love in the end.

If the writers really do want to showcase Bay's deep and abiding love for Daphne (and that seems to be a big plot point in the series), the way to do it is to have Bay give her blessing to a Daphne & Emmett end game romance. That does a lot more to illustrate Bay's love for her switchster than taking the fall for the vandalism ever did.

Plus, with what has been done to date, I do not think that Bay & Emmett's love can be both satisfying and believable with the amount of time the writers have left in the series.

I believe Daphne & Emmett's love could be both satisfying and believable.

For the writers, the icing on the cake is that it is such a big switch from the beginning of the series, and Lizzy Weiss prides herself on these kinds of reversals.

Originally, we all thought that the switch was meant to bring Bay & Emmett together. That it was destiny. At their high school graduation, Emmett even thanked Daphne for being switched, so he could meet Bay. But Bay & Emmett were ALWAYS going to meet and be friends. It's Daphne who Emmett never would have met, if it were not for the switch.

On the day Emmett marries Daphne, I could see him thanking Bay for being switched, just like he thanked Daphne at his high school graduation. Lizzy Weiss loves those reversals. If she eventually writes the story to go that way, she will probably tweet about the switch with pride. She usually does.

At this point, any Bay & Emmett ending that the writers could possibly devise will be both cliche and trite. That's a deadly combination to the quality of their TV series overall. The writers do not want to have the resolution of their most important love story be that predictable and commonplace.

In my opinion, the writers have taken Bay & Emmett's relationship too far down the path of destruction for them to reel it back in and say, "And they lived happily ever after."

It's too late for that now, unless the writers are willing to accept some grade-school truism as the overall theme to their series.

Whereas a Daphne & Emmett resolution would be shocking to the audience, and it would feel the way real life DOES go. All along, we think we have one thing, and often, we find out that we have another.

It reminds me of the Miss Universe pageant tonight. Miss Colombia was crowned the winner, only to learn that the crown really belongs to Miss Philippines.

If the writers go with this Bay & Travis story, I could totally see Emmett being crushed by it, and Daphne comforting him as a friend. In a situation like that, quite often one thing leads to another.

The writers could make a believable Daphne & Emmett romance to end the series, if they want to do so.

Out of the amigos, Bay has always been the most saintly character of the three. I could see her brand of selfless love allowing her to once and for all give Daphne & Emmett her blessing.

In the beginning, Emmett said he didn't want a Deaf Bay. That is the only thing Lizzy Weiss and company have yet to reverse about Bay & Emmett's love affair. From my eyes, the writers have reversed (and sometimes obliterated) every thing else that made Bay & Emmett's romance special.

Isn't Daphne actually a Deaf Bay?

We thought the Deaf Bay was Robin, the girl at the motorcycle show, but maybe the Deaf Bay has been Daphne all along. And maybe Emmett will want Daphne after all.

I would like for someone to find true love on the show. I don't see how it can be Bay & Emmett now. I am not interested in Bay & Travis, or Skye & Emmett for that matter.

Daphne & Emmett is a couple I could support, if they found true love together, in the wake of Bay exploring a romantic relationship with Travis.