View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 12:28 AM
Fooltocry
Part-Time Fan

I feel bad. That five year period when her star first rose (2007-2012) from Superbad to Amazing Spider-Man seems like a golden age. She's not exactly in a big career slump, what with her recent Oscar nomination for Birdman but it's still kind of a low period right now. Aloha didn't do well plus accepting the part of part-Asian character put her in the "problematic" category which is like being a leper with the Tumblr crowd. Her being Woody Allen's newest muse would have been great 30 years ago but the old allegations of him molesting have put anybody associated with him in a bad light. There's still hope with La La Land next year She and Ryan Gosling have always had fantastic chemistry It's by the writer and director of Whiplash so it should be good.

On a nicer note here's a mention of Emma in this Jennifer Lawrence article in Entertainment Tonight:

Quote:
Lawrence, who famously sang "The Hanging Tree" in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 which was later released as a single, also sings in her new film Joy, from American Hustle and Silver Linings Playbook director David O. Russell.

"I've never once put it out there that I think I can sing or that I even enjoy singing," Lawrence said. "Now it seems like I keep having to do it in every damn film!"

That being said, the Hunger Games star has a few idea about her dream Karaoke partner.

"The first person that is coming into my mind is Emma Stone," Lawrence explained. "Or I would chose Adele and I would just mouth along with her.

As it turns out, the possibility that a karaoke team-up of that epic magnitude is actually possible. Lawrence and Stone are friends after getting introduced by Woody Harrelson and having "a full courtship for, like, a year."

As for her friendship with Adele, Lawrence became pals with the wildly talented "Hello" singer after they "met through a mutual friend and just became friends."
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/jennifer-la...043300436.html