View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 04:41 AM
wilywiccan
Elite Fan

I think Buffy was the right level of warm & cold towards Wood. She greatly sympathized with what happened to him as a child and the lasting impact---losing a parent, realizing evil sometimes wins, having your entire world shift---carried into his adult life. She opened up about her own experience losing her mom. But it didn't change the fact that he went behind her back. He manipulated her mentor and long-term friend into believing she was incapable of leadership, decision-making, and rational thinking. He was treating her as a stereotype, a lovesick emotional woman that can't see the forest for the trees and needs the men to handle things. They went behind her back. Didn't even have enough respect for her to accuse her outright of being compromised. It stunk of misogyny and s2 finale Xander.

I agree that Spike was harsh on Wood. I still cringe whenever I see him wearing Nikki's jacket in front of him. I still roll my eyes in AtS' The girl in question when he laments the destruction of the leather jacket and Angel reminds him "you stripped it off the body of a dead Slayer" and Spike responds "which gives it great sentimental value".

Last edited by wilywiccan; 11-19-2015 at 04:47 AM