View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 08:30 PM
winter soldier
Master Fan

Tabula Rasa || A PY/MYOC Roleplay

…the lights are soft and flickering when you at last open your eyes, kerosene lamps fighting a
losing battle against the darkness. As you struggle into a sitting position, the ancient leather
beneath your thighs groans in protest and draws your attention: a divan. Old. Similarly
outdated is the vintage television set decorating your tiny cell, switched on but depicting
nothing but snow, and the security camera hooked to the ceiling and tracking your every
move. A stack of nondescript clothing items sits atop an otherwise bare table, bidding you to
dress in something other than the hospital-issued gown you’d woken up in.

The tarnished brass door knob turns with some difficulty under your shaking hand, permitting
you to wander into the richly carpeted hallway, littered with old dusty paintings and an
endless series of doors identical to the one you'd just pulled open. It seems to go on forever,
it seems to extend endlessly and infinitely into the distance, but at last you reach a set of
grand stairs that draws you downward onto the ground floor. Not a soul has met you yet in
your journey, and the atmosphere around you speaks nothing but silence. The exit swims in
front of you, beckoning you close... you stretch your fingers to touch the door handle and
your mind blanks. Motivation abandons you in an instant and you turn an about face, seeing
no further reason to linger when every fiber of your being screams at you to return to that
room you awoke in, for safety, for comfort.

"Up ahead in the distance,
I saw a shimmering light,
my head grew dizzy and my sight grew dim,
I had to stop for the night"

"How they dance in the courtyard,
sweet summer sweat
Some dance to remember,
some dance to forget"

"Mirrors on the ceiling,
the pink champagne on ice;
she said 'we are all just prisoners here of our own device"

Welcome to the Hotel California. You can check out any time you'd like, but you can never leave.

→ THE GIST

→ Your character is stuck in a creepy antique hotel. Every time they get the bright idea to try
to leave, their body and mind both physically will them away. Windows only open the barest
amount, enough to let air in, and nothing else. Attempts to break them will fail, each and
every time.

→ There is a kitchen on the first floor, and a dining room. The kitchen is stocked with non-
perishables, enough to feed a large amount of people for at least a year.

→ There are 300+ individual rooms, each numbered. They come standard with an ancient
television that only works half the time, tuned to a random news station that changes every
odd day. Some have single occupancy beds, some have double. There is also a small dresser,
a vanity, and a closet barely big enough to hold a few clothing items.

→ There is 1 common bathroom per floor with 1 toilet, 1 sink, and 1 clawed bathtub. Warm
water, thankfully, is plentiful.

→ There are a number of sitting rooms on the ground floor, with plush sofas and chairs and
bookshelves stuffed with books from just about any time/place imaginable.

Also of note, items appear and disappear at random intervals. Something might be there one
day, only to be gone the next. Likewise do items appear without notice. Is it magic? Nobody
quite knows.

→ RULES

* Characters can be 1) completely original and new, 2) plucked fresh out of other FF games
and tossed in (i.e. Damon Lannister from the GoT RP), or 3) pulled out of a fandom of your
choice (i.e. Dean Winchester from Supernatural). The latter 2 are more fun, but I won't be
restrictive. Supernatural abilities are allowed, but none will permit your character to escape
the hotel regardless of how god-like they may be.
* B/G rule not in effect, but try to do a 2:1 ratio at least.
* Try not to disappear without notice. Players reserve the right to remove their tag with your
characters if you don't reply for at least 5-7 days.

→ PROFILE

Name:
Species: Human, vampire, angel of the lord, etc.
Source: Name the RPG they're from, the fandom they're from, or put 'original' if they're new.
Three Fast Facts: Include here any supernatural abilities, the type of universe they're
from, what they were doing when they got stolen away, etc. You don't have to rewrite their
bio or what happened to them in their original game, just give the important bits.
Taken By: You
Played By: And a picture.

Mistress of the Marvel Universe
and Roleplaying Board's fairest and kindliest Mod ever!

Last edited by winter soldier; 11-19-2015 at 07:38 PM