View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 11:13 PM
GirLunLoosed
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalcyonDays (View Post)
I've resigned myself to knowing - nope, ain't gonna happen because there is no time. The show WILL be cancelled at the end of the year due to ratings.

I hope they can turn it around and not be cancelled, but sadly this seems to be the direction they're headed. This is where I am right now too as far as shipping but I didn't really get there until last week. Luckily I've been able to enjoy this season even though I ship, my biggest gripe is when the writers insist upon acting like fat meat ain't greasy when everyone already knows it is. Stop pretending like every woman is checking for this super oddly dressed, albeit handsome man in Ichabod, and no one sees Abbie. We have eyeballs, and we know better, and to be honest they already no better so I'm glad in this episode they finally started doing better. I still do hope that maybe, possibly they'll have time to give us a romantic Ichabbie ending that's worthy of the pairing but I'm not holding my breath, that's on them.

I literally have it in my head as cannon that Crane has held exhibitions for the historical society which he curates, and thereby generated some income. Because if he is literally chilling, mooching off of his bestie, not thinking about getting a job, I would think so much less of his character. This isn't season one when he was begging Abbie for a new phone, and even though his poutiness was cute, the simple act of begging someone for a better version of something they provided for you out of the kindness of their heart is unbecoming. That was all easy to overlook because he was very much a new fish out of water, and still finding his way. He's been dockside a minute now, and he needs to pull himself up by his bootstraps, and get his life together. So in my world he has a job so I don't not like him.

I really liked this weeks episode, I thought it was interesting, had some excitement, and it was genuinely funny. Overall I felt it was a very solid episode.

What the heck was Crane looking at the chef like that for, I was dying. I didn't mind the date scene with Zoe this week, it seemed to flow better than all of the others scenes they've been in, lets be honest she's kinda seemed like a stage 5 clinger thus far, showing up at his place uninvited and unannounced, then lowkey snapping pictures of him. But even then I really different feel any type of way about her, until last week when the writers decided to take something that Abbie said previously and randomly have it become something she said. That's just lazy, but not her fault, theirs.

I like the storyline as far as the locust. Loved how Abbie was informing Crane about the nature of his decision maker, justice is supposed to be blind but honestly knowing the likes and dislikes, and motivations of the judge you're going before will help tremendously. Good nod to her legal background right there. The courtroom scene had me rolling, he literally told the bailiff to shoot the attorney, well acted and written, I was dead.

All of the interaction with Jenny and Joe and Nevins was entertaining and I enjoyed watching it. Though I cannot for the life of me understand why Jenny thought everything was all G after the stone was absorbed into her skin. Tell someone.

I don't know what Pandora is up to, but SS is doing a great job because I'm loving hating her. She seems to have no fear of our witnesses whatsoever and I can't wait to see her plan come together. That being said, I really hope it ends up being a worthy storyline, I'm super intrigued right now, so I hope her aims are as interesting as the buildup has been. When she caught the arrow I was like . Maybe Crane should have told Abbie how that went down, and how she cooly let him know that the only reason she wasn't about to jack his stuff up more was because she had a prior engagement, then maybe Abbie wouldn't be all "bring it on". Really? They need to get it together, she's been running through them, already touched both of them, and they haven't touched her once. She already brought it Abbie, "it's already been brought'n" lol. I hope they continue to delve into her motivations more because right now, their chasing their tails.

Lance Gross was phenomenal this episode, the scene in the car was just great, when he got out of the car I was screaming for Abbie to lock the door, lol. I felt so sad for him when he was opening up to her, basically telling her that she doesn't realize the effect she has on people. I don't think this is going to happen because of their new work dynamic, I honestly don't believe Abbie would let it, but damn can we get a flashback. This little bit was the first bit of info we've gotten as to the depth of their relationship.

Honestly though, I had around five friends who were religiously watching and loving this show, I'm the only one who was a shipper, and I'm the only one still watching. Everyone bailed during season two, for the same reason. One came back, and bailed when they realized Irving was gone. They just lost a lot of viewers and I'm not sure they can come back from that.

Last edited by GirLunLoosed; 11-07-2015 at 11:37 PM Reason: adding