View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 08:49 AM
escapism
Part-Time Fan

I think we just have to face it, he’s had a really long career, has plenty of money, a great personal life and is only prepared to do stuff that interests him and/or challenges him but which doesn’t take up too much of his time. He may become more in demand following his stint on The Affair but, unless the show is more successful than it seems to be at the moment, that still may not happen. The viewing figures are not great so even if it does get renewed, it may not lead onto a load more offers for him as it seems to be that a show's popularity is key in terms of actors being in demand. Success breeds success.

That’s all very negative and I know there are many ways to look at things. I hope the fact the acting has been top notch and has been noted and that the show has been groundbreaking will be enough to create more opportunites for him but Josh fans have often expressed frustration over his career one way or another ever since DC ended. We may get lucky and we’ll just have to wait and see but I think, from past experience, the odds may be against us. Maybe we should just enjoy that he is still on our screens in a good quality production and we'll see him out and about with Diane!