View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 01:01 PM
Cristofle
Fan Forum Star

Ehhh, it's not so much that from my perspective. While yes, Avery made mistakes with Scarlett, NOTHING justifies what Juliette did with Jeff. She still cheated on him. She was still the primary party in burning the relationship to the ground. However, cheating on your boyfriend of a few months, while wrong, is not even in the same universe is coming within a millisecond of seriously harming your husband and then repeatedly abandoning him and your baby daughter. One can be gotten past with time. The other, while every relationship is different, is much more of a dealbreaker to me. Maybe Avery can get past it, but I think he's far more justified this time around in saying "I don't think I can ever trust you again". And even without laying blame and assigning fault, I think this has highlighted ways that they may just not be compatible life partners.

ETA: and also, I don't their relationship literally re-started when he decided to forgive her, in the sense that he has a right to point out "This is the second time in less than a year that you completely shattered me, and I'm not interested in sticking around for a third go-round."