View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 10:31 AM
jbshmdfb
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
Bumping this up and also joining the last bit of discussion on the last page (re: how much Juliette is aware of/acknowledges what's going on with her).

I think Juliette knows she's FAILING (as Cadence's mother and as Avery's wife). I think she knows SOMETHING is wrong with her at this point. However, she has strenuously and repeatedly denied that she has PPD. Sometimes she's been defensive, sometimes she's just been dismissive (she was extremely dismissive of Avery in their final scene last season, she acted like he was the one with the problem), but she has not openly acknowledged it. So if she is like "Emily, how dare you move on my husband while I have PPD!!!", I'd say that IS a claim so ludicrous it doesn't even warrant a response, lol.
of course it's not that. She knows there is something wrong with her (has since s2) but she doesn't know it is part of the symptoms and not wrong with her as in who she is. It's like any addiction storyline too. The person might know they have a problem but accepting it and seeking treatment for it is a whole other step. Juliette is not at that step yet. But no without spoiling the scene, Juliette won't be at all like that.