View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 10:59 PM
A. B. Normal
Master Fan

Okay bear in mind, I'm not a Diglaut...still. Digger hasn't won me over. However, I really enjoy their scenes together (despite their totally passionless kisses, that could have been intentional though). Part of that probably being just that we get to see Lorelai in a relationship, which we haven't seen in a while.

Asking her to leave the bed was just weird, but since weird quirk seems to be the theme of the show now it wasn't a big shock. I liked her reaction. Almost every time Lorelai is forced to deal with an unpleasant revelation in her relationship with men, she chooses to ignore it, go stone faced, and move on. I attribute this stemming from her raising Rory without Chris, it was move on, get over the romance, I have to survive for the both of us. When Digger told her he wanted to sleep alone, she didn't want to talk about it, just get dressed and go home to deal with it on her own.

Did you notice after she asked him about Crystal and he admitted to taking a date, she changed the subject to the stables? She had the exact same reaction when Chris told her he wasn't leaving Sherry: "Drive safe."

You know what would be interesting? Later in the relationship, first she deals with being okay with having a guy over (What Lying Promo guy said would happen this episode), then afteward Jason and she are in her bed, and she asks him just to stay in the bed a while longer and he falls asleep discovering how comfortable he is with her. Maybe the problem is his place, which seemed gray and cold with the exception of the guest room. What if that's a turning point where one of them suggests him moving into her place. If Lorelai does it, Digger might admit he has no intention of moving out of his place. End of relationship? Or if Digger asks to live there, would Lorelai be okay with it and how would Rory deal? Emily and Richard? Luke? Could shake things up between everyone involved.

Dealing with real emotions and consequences, is that possible on Gilmore Girls this season?