View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 08:20 AM
HP-Skins
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkyfan (View Post)
I mean he seems smart and generally nice, but it's really creepy to me that he intentionally builds a cult of insecure teenage girls. It doesn't really become apparent until you've followed him on social media and then you realize how much time he spends trying to be relatable to underage girls, which is kind of weird for 40 something-year-old man? People on tumblr either love him or hate him, and it's become a real flame war between him and the latter. Mostly people make fun of him for trying so hard to be cool and appealing to teens, but there was a big controversy lately when someone called him out on basically pandering to the vulnerability of teenage girls and having a creepy social media presence and he freaked out and somehow twisted that into an accusation of pedophilia and then all his fans and a few famous authors jumped on this poor girl for allegedly accusing him of pedophilia, which she never actually did. It was so ridiculous
I used to regularly watch the Vlogbrothers on YT, (still sometimes do) and I never really got the vibe back then that he was pandering but then I never followed him on any other site so maybe he comes across as different on his blogs.
I never knew about that girl though :S bit weird, though there was a point where lots of famous youtubers were called out for manipulation (and in some cases rape) of vulnerable fans so maybe he thought he would be dragged into that? (Not trying to justify everyone calling out the poor girl though).

OMG Freya