View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 07:14 AM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I think we all thought that.

I do wonder what they'll do with Bay's love life. I hope she falls in love with someone and has a serious relationship. I might be alone in that hope, but she needs some happiness and a new man in her life. She needs new experiences, away from Emmett, so she can grow.
How quickly things can change. Looks like we are set on a collision course with a Bay & Travis romance now. I'm sure the writers will make it sweet, if it happens. But I feel so jerked around by the writers that I find it really hard to care.

Normally, I don't want any new guest stars on this show. We've had enough. But a new hearing character should come along and sweep Bay off of her feet. I hate the thought of Bay exploring all of the Deaf and hearing issues that I wanted her to explore with Emmett, with Travis instead.

And on a different topic, can Emmett and Daphne EVER date a Deaf character?

I've been wanting to see a relationship between two Deaf characters since I watched the pilot episode. It seems so unrealistic to me that NONE of the Deaf characters ever date other Deaf characters. That's not how real life works, is it?

The closest we've come is Daphne's brief attempt to date Travis for one episode. And she wasn't even into him.

Natalie dated a CODA. I guess that's as close as we will ever get to two Deaf people having a relationship on this show.

I'm really starting to wish we could see a Daphne and Emmett romance. I never wanted one before now, but with Bay and Emmett's relationship seeming irreparable, maybe it was always meant to be Daphne and Emmett. At least they would share a culture.

Maybe the reason Bay and Emmett have all of these problems is because they don't share a culture. Maybe a Daphne and Emmett romance would be smooth sailing and happiness. I want that.

Travis might be better suited for Bay because his whole family is hearing. Or maybe Bay belongs with someone new that she meets in her adventures. I still wish the writers would bring back Alex for Bay. He loved her. He was a good guy. And Alex was really cute.

The writers may try to sell Bay and Travis, but my vote is Bay and Alex .

AND I'd really like to see Emmett and Daphne explored before the end.