View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 07:13 AM
~Kitty
Ultimate Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] The funny thing about earthquakes is that I've lived in Southern California all my life.. my childhood years in San Diego and my teen years in Los Angeles and I've only been in a few major earthquakes and a couple minor can't-barely-feel-them earthquakes. Ther really major one was the Jan. 1994 earthquake in Northridge (Los Angeles), woke everyone up about 4am. I remember Kevin calling me right after the earthquake and asking me if my house was still standing! It was pretty bad.. it took out the freeway that leads us from the high desert to Los Angeles so everyone that commuted had to take the monorail for two weeks. It was definately felt in San Diego! But earthquakes are nothing to be afraid of, they don't come around too often!

I scared my sister n' law the last time she came down here.. the San Andreas fault runs through our valley and the freeway cuts right through it. We were driving towards L.A. and I told her to look at the 'mountains' at either side of us. Then I told her we were in the middle of an earthquake fault! Oh, the next coolest thing to do is when you are traveling on a bridge or one of those really high freeway over pass and you scream, "EARTHQUAKE!" My mom has actually reached into the backseat and slapped me once for doing that! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

If you do ever come here, drive through Hollywood Hills. Maybe one of those houses is Lauren's. Of course, she's in New York during the summer!

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert