View Single Post
Old 01-17-2003, 10:30 AM
brie
Loyal Fan

Thanks Eliii for posting the link to these, so here's what I wrote to the LG App. board after the play, edited somewhat for easier reading....

I MET LAUREN! ack - it was so great. I got a picutre and her autograph and had drinks with her. Well sort of. There was an opening night party at a local bar and we went and she was there. I had already gotten a picture and given her a gift earlier at the cast door after the play. Anyway I have so many details, but no time. I'll come back later to give more details. First quick outfit details. After the show she was wearing a camel and red and pink paisley-swirly pattern halter dress that was straight and hit above the knee and pink espadrills. Okay gotta go for now, but I'll be back later with more details...

okay, I'm back. So the person who answered about the cast door is right. There was security by that door before the play and we figured she'd already be inside then so we didn't stalk the door then. We did see "Franci" coming in. They had signs up inside about the after party so we knew were going to go and try to see her there. After the play we went and waited by the cast door. There were really only friends and family waiting at that point. The whole cast slowly filtered out including that woman with the super-whiny voice who worked in the coffee shop on "Ellen." She was everywhere that night. She was next to us forever talking to her family at the door and then again at the party. Too bad I wasn't super interested in meeting her. Anyway as people filtered out and there were only a hand full of people outside the door, finally Lauren came out. All I can say is she is exactly what you expect. You know how some people look different in person. She looks and sounds exactly the same as on TV and in magazines. I forgot to mention before that she had her hair pulled back in a low ponytail at the base of her neck. And also what appeared to take her so long as compared to the rest of the cast is that she actually took off her stage makeup and put on her own. Everyone else had left on the stage makeup, including false eyelashes.

Anyway she was talking to a handful of actor people she knew, including a woman she had worked on Conrad Bloom with. She was saying "Yeah I know you from there, and I'm a big fan of your work on Six Feet Under by the way." Anyway they talked with the other people about how awful Conrad Bloom was and what a horrible show it was. But Lauren said the one thing she liked about it was working with this one woman, Jenika I think, who came into work on new drug everyday. Anyway, while she was talking she looked over and saw me waiting and sort of smiled. Then she finished her conversation and came over. I said "I have a gift for you" and she said "You do. Awww. Thanks." I handed it to her. It was a bunch of little stuff in a Bloomy's bag which I will tell you all about later. I asked if I could have a picture and she said, "Of course. Pictures are always good." Then she said "You ladies look wonderful this evening" and then "I love your dress. It's beautiful" to my girlfriend. ::dies:: We took the picture and she asked where we came from and we said Boston. And she said "Really. God Bless you. Thank you so much." At some point she asked how we enjoyed the play and we told her it was wonderful. Then she asked if she would see us at the party and we said yes and then we all said goodbye. She went to find her car, but she started to go the wrong way and someone told her and she said "Ah - It's always in a different place." It was that frustrated "ah" like you hear all the time on GG.

We were gonna stalk her to see the car, but security was waving our car out of the lot. We went to the bar and it was packed and all the stars were there. We went to get our drinks at the bar (vodka tonics) and then I heard her voice and turned around and she was at the bar next to us. She was asking her friends what they wanted so she could buy for them and they asked her what she was getting and she said "anything with Vodka." She then turned turned to us (we had our drinks at that point) and asked what we had. I told her and she said to the bartender "That's what I want." Her friend was then asking her how she liked doing the play and she said it was great and that it was crazy with the matinees and the evening shows, but it was good because there was no time to come down. She then said her "other job was fun, but this is more radical, because of the intensity of the actors and everything." We then scooted away so we wouldn't appear too stalkerish and then Tate Donovan ran into my girlfriend and apologized and "Francie" was there tripping on her heels.

A little bit later as we were finishing our drinks and deciding we should head out, someone came up to Lauren and said there are some young girls outside looking for you. So she downed her drink and went out to give them pictures and autographs. I still had my TV Guide in my bag at that point, so as we walked by, after she had finished up with the girls I said "Can I bother you one last time and have you sign this" and handed her the TV Guide and a sharpie, and she said "Of course. It's no bother" and took it from me and signed it. She asked my name and then as she was signing it she said "Ah. There's too much black on this picture." But the signature turned out great anyway. She then asked if we were taking off and we said yes and told her to have a good night and thanks. And she said "Your welcome. Thank you." I wish we had more time to hang out at the party, but I also had gotten everything I wanted at that point and most of the people at the party were friends and family of the actors and I didn't want to but in too much and be a totally annoying fan. Well that is all I can remember for now. I'm sure there's more, but I'll let you know if more comes to mind later.

OH - the gift. There was a tube of homemade "vicious trollop" lipstick, a handheld homemade shell mirror (yes we copied Rosie) with shell stickers with a card quoting her from Rosie. A Mount Holyoke funky vintage baseball T-shirt that we ironed on GILMORE and 07 (for the class year) with a little packet on Mount Holyoke and our cooked up fantasies of why they should go there.

"Coffee without caffeine. Can someone explain that to me? That's like sex without the spanking." - Cupid