View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 02:17 PM
comic fan
Addicted Fan

Okay,I managed to get Buffy # 18,the conclusion of "Old Demons' on actual new comic day.

I have to admit that I was really nervouse about this arc going in as a Buffy/Angel shipper but I really liked this issue and arc as a whole.

First of all IMO,I don't think this closed the door on B/A happening again one day.If anything this arc may of given it a stronger foundation down the line.That may be shipper blinders on but that's how I feel after this arc.

All I wanted was for Buffy and Angel to part on good terms and I got that so I'm totally satisfied.

I really loved the interaction between Angel and all the scoobies in this arc and this issue.

This arc has really made me wish Xander to head to Angel & Faith for a arc but I doubr it will happen with Angel & Faith ending at issue 25.

Also loved how Angel & Spike parted too as well as how Spike helped Angel overcome Archaeus.

As for the end and Angel's comments on Buffy/Spike's future.Putting my shipper prefrences aside,I don't think Gage is necessarly telegraphing how spuffy will end.I think that could go either way.

The one thing that did not work for me is Archaeus.The character is just too abstract for me so I'm not excited about the idea of Archaeus.continuing in Angel & Faith.I guess we'll see.

It was good to see D;hoffryn and the book of magic factor in again.Also thought Angel's reaction to him was funny.

So to finish,I was overall very happy with this issue and arc as a whole.