View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 10:36 PM
secretk
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I hated because it seemed like Amy wasn't just giving up on the necklace and why Ephram gave it to her, but it seemed like she was giving up on Ephram herself. Like she never believed they could make it after all the drama with her relationship with Tommy and then him writing her letter to Princeton. It was all really overwhelming for anyone, I think Amy just took it the wrong way and shut down, and shutting Ephram out of her life when she needed him the most.
They both were hurting because of the Madison/baby drama. This had effects on both of them. The conversation was horrible, but I know that Ephram never meant for Amy to take it this way. I'm not even sure that he was capable of getting what would mean to her if he says it like that. I always thought that in this scene Ephram acted like a hurt little kid that gets to pout and be cynical. And this is exactly what he did. The thing is he was cynical with something very beautiful for Amy, something very valuable. It wasn't about something neutral where she could disagree with him, but still understand that he is not in his best condition and it's his feelings that make him act this way. It was something very personal, very significant for their relationship and he just ripped it off.

Do you ever wonder why they decided to write this scene? I get that they didn't want the baby/Madison drama to be over in one episode, but wasn't this a bit too much? I personally would have gone without the scene in this exact form. Like I guess scene where they decide that they break up. I'm OK with that because well we know that they would end up together in the end. This however was more than just breaking up, this was Ephram saying that he never saw his relationship with Amy that serious (it sounded this way, but I do believe that it wasn't the truth because Ephram had always took this relationship pretty serious even more than what's normal for teens) and this hurts especially when Amy did think that this was serious.