View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 08:08 PM
lyndell75
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
When it was announced that Ben Affleck would be the fifth actor ever to play the character on the big screen — sixth if you count Adam West in the 1966 movie based on the TV series — there was somewhat more than the expected speculative grumbling on the part of the Comic-Con chattering classes. Some wondered whether the filmmakers had made the right choice, and Affleck was one of them. “My first reaction was, ‘Are you sure?’ ” Affleck says. “At the time I was 40, 41, and had just finished Argo, and I felt like ‘This seems like a strange way to get to Batman.’ But Zack convinced me.”
Quote:
Another reason Affleck took the gig: It’s been awhile since he’s been in a production this big and he wanted to see how the gears turn on the inside. “I thought if I was going to direct a movie like this, which I would like to do at some point, I need to have something of a refresher course of how these movies are done,” says Affleck, who has been recently rumored to be in the running to direct himself in a standalone Batman movie.
Ben Affleck on being cast as Batman: 'My first reaction was, 'Are you sure?'' | EW.com