View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 05:43 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

This episode was pretty filler and a set up for the series finale but some moments I did like.

Brooke and her family situation is everything. Seriously. I cried at the end when she was sitting there with her parents like that. Awe. This is a perfect ending for Brooke! She has a wonderful husband, adorable twin boys, and now her parents are back in her life, they are reuniting, and all three will be working together. It's so perfect!

Haley was awesome as always. The burning boat thing reminded me of the good old days with Lucas and Peyton around. I loved when Haley mentioned hanging out with Lucas back in the day. I also loved the Karen mention but that was depressing too, because it means she is not coming back anytime soon if Chase gets an opportunity to own the place.

However, the Dawson's Creek rip-off was ridiculous.

Even more ridiculous and highly annoying was Julian re-writing the real scenes, replacing himself as Lucas, inserting himself into the High School years, swapping other characters with himself was insulting, maddening, and downright irritating. I do not remotely like this storyline, not even a little bit. The hot tub scene was Lucas/Brooke, the sex tape was Brooke/Nathan. I mean, it is lame. I feel sorry for Brucas fans because it's such an enormous stab in their back. It's like Mark's trying to erase EVERYTHING that was Lucas/Brooke. I don't get it. As everyone knows, I hated Lucas/Brooke as a couple with a fricken passion. But their relationship back in high school should not be degraded like Mark's attempting to do. Julian inserting himself as Lucas is just... horrific. Mark was intentional here, most certainly.

The Clay/Quinn/Logan stuff was not remotely interesting. Logan is adorable, but he was used to prop Clay and Quinn and the lame marriage proposal.

The other thing I hated was how we saw zero aftermath after Dan's death. None. They had the funeral off screen, we didn't get to see Nathan mourn, how Jamie handled it, absolutely nothing. Nathan and Jamie were off together, not even one scene with them. Very disappointing.

I can't get over Julian inserting himself into their high school days. Why Mark? Why?