View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 09:07 AM
TheCheshireKitten
Obsessed Fan

Well, speaking from someone who used to watch TVD, TVD was built on ships. The main concept of the show was two vampire brothers and their relationship with a human girl. And the rest of the show was very much heavily about the characters' romantic entanglements.

With something like the MCU, there are endless ship possibilities because it's a connected universe, some canon, tons more non-canon, but the MCU itself isn't built solely on romance. In fact, some of the most important relationships in the MCU are family/friendship/bromance based. You get a little bit of everything with the MCU, romance is only a piece of the whole.

I see tons of ships in the MCU fandom, but because it's just such a vast, expansive universe, there are so many pieces, I think that's reflected in the fandom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
I think with the fandom letting Marvel know that they didn't like this relationship very much, they may just drop it.
I see the Russos/writers touching upon it very briefly to move past it, and that's it. I'm just glad I haven't been accused anywhere of only disliking it because I ship Nat/insert someone else. I have preferences but I'm also pretty open with shipping - it was the writing and character choices I took issue with.

~Kat

Last edited by TheCheshireKitten; 06-18-2015 at 09:17 AM
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote