View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 11:26 AM
Lauren Helen Graham
Fan Forum Star

Red Season 1 Quote Survivor Winner

x

"It was Christmas Eve. I pulled off to the side of the road, seemed like it'd been snowing for days. No traffic. No cars to come help. Just me and a car full of gifts. It was more than 20 year ago. I must have walked four miles. Five, maybe. It was so still. Just cold and white. The whole time all I could think about was them in our house. The warm light in the windows. The smoke from the chimney. The sound of my daughter at the piano. The smell of the tree, and the fire, oyster stew on the stove. I was so upset to think that I'd ruined Christmas for them, being late, leaving the gifts in the car. But the closer I got, the more I realized how funny the whole thing was. How much they'd love the story. Daddy running out of gas. How every Christmas they'd get such joy from telling that story at my expense. And then finally, I got there, I walked... I walked through the door. And there was just blood. All I saw was blood. All there was was blood. I can... I can still smell the nape of her neck. Feel her little... fingers on my cheek. Her whisper in my ear. That's why I didn't show up in Florence. It's why I haven't shown up in a lot of places over the years."

Thank you to everyone who voted in this survivor!

Last edited by Miranda; 05-15-2018 at 10:06 AM