View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 12:55 AM
ParsD
Addicted Fan

TVLine's description of John:
Quote:
Arrow is seeking an Iris West type… No, just kidding. (Too soon?) The Flash, however – in addition to Wendy – is casting the season-long role of a classically handsome, square-jawed hero in his 30s to early 40s, a slightly cynical man “with an edge.” The casting call lists the character as “John Clark,” which is obviously fake/a nod to the DC Comics letterer.
And this is dialogue I typed up from the Youtube casting clip

Quote:
"John":
I'm tired of scaring people. I'm tired of scaring myself with the things I can do...Barry ran off so easy when that particle accel exploded. Who doesn't want to run fast?

Caitlin:
Barry's abilities pose their own challenges, trust me. With you, John, you could be something more powerful than we've ever seen before.

"John":
With great power comes great responsibility. Never been real big on responsibility. Guess that's gonna have to change...bummer.

So this guy is important enough to stick around all season. And he's a bit older, but not too old, so Ollie's bracket. I honestly don't have any guesses other than Hal Jordan. Jay or Max Mercury are speedsters, so they're out. Who is left?