View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 12:17 PM
LabuanPearl88
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
I don't know how a 'I'm going to destroy you all' would have worked though. Unlike the previous villains who had a motive for sticking around what would Kai do? To want power you have to at least care a bit about others and Kai didn't before the merge. Klaus for instance wants people to love/admire him. And there's only so much he could screw around with the main characters before they'd have to get rid of him. Plus he wouldn't have been able to really screw with them because the writers are protective with the main characters.
I disagree, to want power you have to love only power. Period. That's why Klaus was ruined in my eyes, bc they turned him into a puppy who wanted to be loved and accepted and have a family, he wasn't anymore the big-bad-villain introduced in season2, whose name should have made people shake in fear, who should have been difficult to be defeated in the end (only a girl was needed to warm his heart, wow, how scaring! ); that's why the whole hybrid-thing became a joke, bc he had no reason to create them beside the desire to have company that wasn't even real Same with Silas, same with Tessa, same with "redeedemed"!Kai, they became all puppies while we were supposed to fear them

Kai could have stick around at least for half of season7, playing with people's lives sadistically as he wanted revenge against who had imprisoned him, like in 6x21, he had the potential to be a bad-ass villain again, a powerfull one whose power was eternal and could have been difficult to be killed. Instead they chose to kill him off in an anticlimatic 5 seconds scene (after half of the episode wasted to create suspence about his transition ) wasting all the potential, yet deciding to keep around 6 witches with the same powers' potential but more than surely not his charisma and surely with no reason to stick around since the coven they wanted revenge against is already destroyed And now we even know that they could not be a real problem considering how easily Kai was killed... but I'm sure suddenly they'll have a reason to remain in MF and it won't be so easy to kill them off for no-reason apparently beside the fact they have to stick around for a season

So no, to me Kai had the reasons and the potential, they just blew it off in an anticlimatic way bc Chriss needed to be written off and we saw how little the writers cared when they write the finale, Kai was a reason for many viewers to stick around season7, we'll see how they'll do the same now
I am the storm"

Anna