View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 02:07 PM
degausser
Master Fan

OOC: This post was brought to you by Mass Effect.

Jayne
Yeah, think hard, you lunk.

Well, she certainly had a mouth on her. An attractive, heart-shaped human mouth to be sure, but whatever beauty may have existed died the moment it opened and words came out. The woman reminded her of someone else with an equally acerbic albeit more formidable tongue and Jayne could not help but wonder if this sour sport and The Pirate Queen of Omega might somehow be related. To her credit, Aria T’Loak possessed a small deal more of basic general courtesy, not that that was saying much.

Why Jayne should suddenly be reminded of the merc bitch of Omega was beyond him until something vaguely resembling a memory came to him from the previous night.

Bright pink, seizure inducing flickering lights. Electronica music. Half naked Asari gyrating on a suspended ring above the dance floor. And Jayne … dancing? Jayne rubbed his head. What the fuck happened last night? The only way Jayne would ever consent to dancing would be if he got black-out drunk which … certainly seemed to fall into accord with his present state of mind. Jayne glanced over at Soren, wondering if he had somehow convinced Jayne to buy a drink from the Batarian at the bar when more bits and pieces from the previous night started coming back to him.

He remembered now that they had been tracking a mercenary group rumored to have stolen a shipment of Red Sand and Creeper. It may have even been the Pirate Queen’s shipment that had originally been stolen, which might have explained why Jayne couldn’t get her ugly blue visage out of his head. “Was she the one with the drugs?” Jayne asked Soren, still evidentially fuzzy on the details. “Or is she the one that got me drunk?” Not that it would have been difficult. Jayne often drank while on the job. He often drank while off the job. Perpetually drunk was his general status at all times for the most part. “Or was that you?” He asked Soren skeptically, before laying back down the bench to keep his head from spinning. “And where in God's name are we? Prison? Hell? Didn’t Sarte say hell was other people? That would certainly explain why she is here.”