View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 01:57 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

I forgot to mention that it's kind of freaky I mentioned that Brooke and Julian should take the job in NYC since it's not a popular place to raise a family (so they could forget about having children for a while given what happened) and then Brooke says this in the next episode as to why she turned down the job and they're staying Tree Hill:

Quote:
BROOKE: I turned down the job.

JULIAN: In New York? Why?

BROOKE: When I was living there and running Clothes Over Bros, my office looked out on this building nearby, and on the rooftop was a playground where all the grade-school kids would have recess. And some days when things were crazy which was most days I'd look out, and I'd watch those kids run around, and I'd think, "that's no way to play." I mean, I love New York, but living in constant fear of losing the kickball over the roof of your playground is kind of a rough way to grow up.
One of my friends who is a lawyer turned down a job in NYC making loads of money because she wanted a family and could only imagine living in the Midwest. Some people thought she was missing out on a dream job but she said her dream job was always in the Midwest. She decided between Minneapolis and Chicago and those were her only two choices. The Brooke storyline reminded me of my friend! They both would have been filthy rich in NYC but at the end of the day it's all about family and happiness.