View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 08:16 PM
Starfield_Scribe
Elite Fan

TATE
“More like a purring wildebeest,” he muttered under his breath with a chuckle, sitting up to take off his jacket, under which he had a t-shirt. He briefly considered taking off his tattered jeans, and although he had boxers underneath and besides had been known to wear much less in his earlier years, he decided to keep them on, only fishing out whatever he had in his pockets and feeling for the night stand before dumping everything there. While he’d been doing this, Elisa had been gathering her things, and when she announced she was going to change in the bathroom, he was in no way surprised. “Like I haven’t seen everything there is to see, and with unburned eyes at that,” he called after her. To be honest, he wasn’t surprised. Elisa wasn’t exactly the kind to be at ease with anyone looking at her, family or otherwise.

By the time she came back, he had already found his way under the covers, staring up at the ceiling without seeing it. He felt the mattress sink when she joined him, and he waited until she’d settled in before giving her a playful kick under the covers. “I see your feet are still as cold as they used to be,” he teased, turning his head to smile honestly. “Hey… thank you.” He couldn’t say what exactly he was thanking her for, if it was for letting him stay, for tending to him, for the simple act of being his baby sister, or everything about her in general, but he wanted her to hear his gratitude.

KIKI
Charlotte, in her infinite wisdom, had chosen the color she was about to submit her nails to. “How’s that booze kicking in, because I think I’d prefer if you painted just my nails and not my whole hand, too?” she joked… or was she joking? Her query was briefly forgotten as she was presented with new ‘refreshment,’ and her hand was submitted to Charlotte’s for the nail painting. Kiki snorted, which made her hand shake, which made Charlotte squeeze said hand so it would stay in place, at the image that was conjured in her mind, of a small Charlotte dressed as a boy and hating every minute of it.

“Logic, right. We are that, you and me,” she saluted her with her glass before taking to sipping it slowly. She didn’t have much of a choice now, with her hand like some strange claw, trying very much not to accidentally scratch the drying polish on her nails. At least she kept them short, or she might have been in more trouble than she already was. “Okay, but now… are we doing the real thing, or the kid way, with the as-of-yet-unrevealed-as-unnecessary-and-unwanted husband, because I have a feeling that will be me… she says, as she sits getting her nails done,” Kiki gave Charlotte a smirk.