View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 11:06 PM
Doxia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
I only ever knew AC/DC with Brian Johnson. Sure, you can go back and hear Bon and the original songs and make a decision on what you like or who you like better, but it was never a problem with me since I was just a baby. For a while there as a kid, I had no idea there even was another singer before.
I didn't know there was another singer in AC/DC until I saw a documentary on the group back in the 80's. Bon Scott had a flair that most fans of the group loved and when he died, it was as if AC/DC died with him. Brian had some of the biggest shoes to fill and most AC/DC purists or sorts felt the band shouldn't have continued, but I'm glad they did. Brian brought his own touch to the band and they are still rocking strong.

I can go on with cases where someone in a band dies, or leaves and someone else comes in and you have the purists saying no and others giving the new band a chance. That is the progression of music in my eyes. Nothing wrong with change. Tastes change, even if we don't know it. I went from being a metal head to being into adult comtemporary to being a jazz fan all in the span of the 30 plus years I've been listening to music. When I follow an artist I enjoy, it's usually until they no longer do music. This is why I'm picky about the musicians I support. It's a big investment and I want to make sure that investment is worth my time and my money. Music is for the soul and my soul is important to me and I will only play music that makes my soul happy...which in turn makes me happy.

Sincerely,
Audrey Clark
May 30, 2015
11:05 pm

's Clark Datchler (JHJ)
Doxia is offline   Reply With Quote