View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 09:15 AM
degausser
Master Fan

Jack
Was that a threat? Of course it wasn’t a threat. It was a history lesson! Jack craved knowledge and like any good and true benevolent soul, he only wished to share his acquired knowledge with all those around him. The good doctor believed otherwise, or perhaps the guard outside the door just needed something to do with his stick. The baton, that is.

As soon as the guard barged in, Jack conjured up his most innocent smile as he folded his hands politely in his lap like the good little, non-misbehaving inmate they all knew he wasn’t. All the good doctor had to do was snap her proverbial fingers and the guard was on the other side of the door once more, evidentially alert should Harleen have need of his masculinity at some point. “This institution seems rather quick to the idea of using force. Should I be concerned? Maybe have my lawyer at the ready?” All at once the congenial smile he wore was gone as he glanced back at Dr. Quinzel.

That was a threat, if ever there was one.

He held her gaze for several long moments before the muscles on his face relaxed and he was the psychotically friendly Jack Napier once more. When Harleen inquired after his knowledge of their present subject at hand, his lips continued to widen into a smile that could only be best described as greatly exaggerated and disturbingly comical. Wouldn’t you like to know, Jack’s eyes gleamed darkly. “I have an unhealthy obsession with the History channel,” served as his only explanation.