View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 10:11 PM
Doxia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melis (View Post)
That's a good point. Sometimes it can give new direction. Sadly fans don't always like that and don't want to give the person a chance.
It's a sad thing because there is more to an artist than that hit or hits. There are some songs that might not be chart toppers, but still hold a place in someone's heart and soul.

With AC/DC, when Bon Scott died, I'm sure there was some reservation with Brian Johnson filling such big shoes. Well, in this case, I feel it worked because Brian brought his own flavor to the band and they've never looked back.

Bands will never be together forever. There will be changes...just like with life. They will happen whether we want them to or not. If you like a certain line up, there's nothing wrong with that, at the same time, remember that with music, I feel the object of the game is to progress and grow. What one person plays when they started isn't going to be the same as what they are playing today. If it is, then there's no progression. I'm one who like progression.
Doxia is offline   Reply With Quote