View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 06:19 PM
degausser
Master Fan

Sydney Jordan
I hope you haven’t kept anyone waiting.

It was not the same casual inquiry she had made moments prior. She had refamiliarized herself with that tone shortly after he reappeared in her life after being absent from it for near on five years. Sydney liked to think she had matured over the years, her skin growing additional layers to ward her against moments such as these. She turned at her heal as only he knew she would and met his gaze, her sixteen-year-old self threatening to come through and unfold before those piercing blue-green eyes of his. It was the first time he had acknowledged there had been someone new in her life, even if that someone had been kept at arm’s length as the few men she had ever allowed into her life had always been, lingering there along the periphery but never fully accepted into her heart.

Her face reflected the emotions his prodding and insults ignited in her, being equal parts vexed and exasperated. “His name is Jonathon,” she said calmly. Sydney held his gaze for a few deliberate beats, refusing to be bated, before stepping inside the elevator. Why he should care or have cause to be jealous was beyond her at this point. To answer the obvious challenge posed to her would only play into his hands. “Yes, Elizabeth told me as much herself.” She smiled an empty, polite smile at him, before diverting her gaze to the numbered buttons on the elevator. “And no, I haven't kept him or anyone else waiting,” she said in response to his earlier comment. The truth was she and Jonathon had spoken little upon returning from Richmond. There schedules often conflicted and she had not exactly gone out of her way to seek him out of her own accord.

“And he’s not a bore.” Sydney said while shooting Christian a look of reproach, evidentially bated after all, exiting the elevator before the doors had fully opened.

Last edited by degausser; 05-17-2015 at 09:07 PM