View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 10:57 AM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucresiare (View Post)
I didn't know they had an appreciation thread ! I missed their friendship after Bay and Emmett started to date. Now it is going to be hard after what happened, but I hope Emmett will forgive her eventually.
Your words have been playing in my head this weekend. You have reminded me of how much I loved their friendship, how much I loved that dynamic of Daphne being Emmett's best friend, but Bay being Emmett's girlfriend, his lover, his partner.

And then, to throw in the fact that Bay was Daphne, in another life, and Daphne was Bay, in another life, it was all so good.

I wanted to see so much more of that dynamic over the years. It was interesting, so many layers, so much pulling on all three characters in so many different directions.

There is just so much left to explore. I was going to say that it all feels swept under the rug, now, but it isn't even that.

It is more as though it has all been washed away.

There is so MUCH depth this show has not even begun to tap, so much potential set up from the get-go, so much I want to see, still.

Maybe I do hope Emmett will forgive Daphne eventually. To me, what Daphne did was a huge betrayal, far worse than cheating on a lover, and the betrayal has nothing to do with Bay joining Emmett in LA.

I have been conditioned to believe that one of the worst fates that can ever befall a human being is to get mixed up with the judicial system. Even once a person has paid for his or her crime, that label of felon will follow for life.

So to me, for Daphne to allow the one person her best friend loved more than any other, to be thrown into the lion's den in order to save her own hide, it is just too much for their friendship to bear.

But perhaps there could be some sort of revelation or confession made by Daphne, or a supreme sacrifice, that would allow her to right this wrong and rebuild her friendship with Emmett.

I do mourn the loss of their friendship. It seemed so special and sweet, in the beginning.

It's sad to see Daphne as one of those people in life from which you just know it's best to stay far, far away.