View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 04:38 AM
baileycat
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
oe Dempsie (Skins/Game of Thrones) has a role and spoke about the project:

What are you doing in South Africa?
We’re shooting a one off for the BBC. It’s a drama about the guys who started Rockstar Games. Daniel Radcliff’s in the lead and Bill Paxton’s supporting. It follows the guys who were all public school boys from London, who made Grand Theft Auto. They got into a lot of hot water in the mid-2000s. A lawyer who sort of doubles up as a moral crusader came across this really tragic case of a teenager in Alabama who was an avid player of Grand Theft Auto, and he went out and stole a car, and the police took him in to interview him and stuff. They didn’t think too much of it, he didn’t seem too threatening, and then this guy, Devin Moore, reached into a police officers holster and took the gun out and shot him in the head, shot his colleague in the head and shot the guy at the desk in the head too. This lawyer picked up on the story and filed a lawsuit against Rockstar Games on behalf of the families of the victims. For me it’s a novelty being able to read a script about a period in time or a cultural event that you felt you were a part of in a way. I played Grand Theft Auto when I was a kid and I don’t think I’ve ever read a script where I felt that I kind of took part in it a little bit. So yeah, we’re shooting in South Africa for about three weeks and then New York in a week. [x]