View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 06:41 PM
JaSam4Life
Elite Fan

Shepherdess {Caterina Scorsone|Amelia Shepherd} #3: "You’re still someone’s mom. He’s just not here anymore."

W | E | L | C | O | M | E

to the 3rd
Caterina Scorsone/Amelia Shepherd
A P P R E C I A T I O N
T H R E A D

CATERINA'S
BACKGROUND

Canadian born actress Caterina Scorsone is perhaps best known as firebrand brain surgeon Dr. Amelia Shepherd, the rebellious kid sister of Derek "McDreamy" Shepherd on both of ABC's hit shows Private Practice and Grey's Anatomy.

While still in Canada Scorsone co-starred alongside Kirsten Dunst, Rachel Leigh Cook and Merritt Weaver in Oscar-winning Director Sarah Kernochan's coming of age film, Strike. Following increasing success in both television and film, she starred opposite Academy Award nominee Ed Harris in Agnieska Holland's The Third Miracle. She then went on to receive her first of two Gemini nominations (Canadian Emmy) for her role as Michelle Parker in the hit Canadian show Power Play.

After taking a short break to earn a degree in Comparative Literature, Scorsone was cast as lead, Jess Mastriani, on Lifetime's Missing opposite Gloria Reuben (ER). After three successful seasons in that role, she moved to Los Angeles and was cast as Callie Wilkinson in Starz network's first original program, Crash starring the late Dennis Hopper.

Scorsone earned her second Gemini nomination in the title role as 'Alice' on Syfy's acclaimed mini-series opposite Kathy Bates and Tim Curry. Shortly after that, she was then cast in Martin Campbell's thriller Edge of Darkness opposite Mel Gibson.

Scorsone joined the cast of Private Practice in 2009 as neurosurgeon Amelia Shepherd, a role for which she won a 2012 PRISM award for Best Female Performance in a Drama Series for her painfully accurate portrayal of substance abuse.

In 2013, shortly after the birth of her daughter, Scorsone switched it up to play CIA agent Celia Winchester in Roger Donaldson's newest action thriller The November Man starring Pierce Brosnan and Olga Kurylenko.

To the great excitement of fans the medical drama, Caterina signed on to reprise the role of the favorite hellion surgeon, Dr. Amelia Shepherd on Grey's Anatomy in 2014. She currently resides in Los Angeles.
AMELIA'S
BACKGROUND

Dr. Amelia Shepherd is the youngest sister of Dr. Derek Shepherd, and like her brother, she is also an excellent neurosurgeon whose ambition in proving herself equal to her brother is only surpassed by her surgical skill. Graduating in the top of her class at Harvard, Dr. Shepherd completed her surgical residency at Johns Hopkins. She has experienced many struggles over the years, including a difficult battle with substance abuse and the loss of a child, who was born with a fatal neurological anomaly. Most recently, Amelia decided to relocate to Seattle and join the staff at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital.
NICKNAMES
Hurricane Amelia
The Shepherdess
Amy (ONLY Derek and sometimes Meredith)
Shepherd's Little Sister
QUOTES
"I am not fragile. I'm a drug addict. I've fallen off the wagon twice and I've gotten back on it. That doesn't make you fragile, Derek, that makes you very freaking strong." - 8.15
"The key though, win or lose, is to never fail. And the only way to fail is not to fight. So you fight until you can't fight anymore." - 11.14
SOCIAL MEDIA

@caterinatweets

NEWS/MEDIA
JUNE 2014
Grey's Anatomy Promotes Caterina Scorsone to Series Regular

SEPTEMBER 2014
Season 11 Cast Photos of Caterina Scorsone

SUPPORTERS
darkxtwisty
sweetxmisery
LG Stargirl
TheShepherds