View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 12:19 PM
naturellebella
Fan Forum Star

I think while Damon should have told Stefan about him going to take the cure with Elena, I don't think he was being selfish in doing so. I think he didn't want his decision influences by other people's opinion. At the end of the day, he wants to be with Elena because he loves her and can't imagine his life without her. When people are in relationships, they make sacrifices for each other and while this is a BIG sacrifice Damon is going to make, he is willing to make it for her. However, he knows other people aren't going to approve of his decision. They know how happy being a vampire makes Damon and he doesn't want to hear that opinion because he has made up his mind. Stefan is probably the only person that could really change Damon's mind on this. Also, I don't think Damon wants Stefan to have a "say" in what Damon is about to do because Stefan will want more than a say, he'll want to completely change Damon's mind. Damon is doing what he feels is right for his relationship and future with Elena. When he decided to be human and die, his choice was taken away by Stefan. He wanted this choice to be his own whether he regrets it later or not.

Now, I don't know what's gonna fully happen next week because promos can be deceiving but based on just the promo, I think it's unfair for Stefan to assume how Damon and Elena's life is going to be if they're both human and put all these bad thoughts in his head to change Damon's mind on a decision he made. He thinks he knows Damon and he does to an extent but he also sees the best and worst in Damon, usually the worst. Also, he's probably going to manipulate these future happenings to his advantage because he wants his brother to stay a vampire. Stefan doesn't want to be alone - "I guess I just needed my brother." If Stefan just wanted to have an opinion on the decision, that's totally fine. People do tend to share their opinions on people's life all the time. However, trying to influence Damon's decision by thought manipulation is taking it too far. Elena has always said Stefan allows her to make her own choices, why can't Stefan do that with Damon?

Quote:
I’m glad he at least acknowledged being a cop is the worst choice ever, I was getting worried
Thank god! It was one of the first things mentioned in the Tyler\Michael thread when Matt first mentioned becoming cops and it took episodes upon episodes for it to be mentioned in the show.

I didn't like most of this episode. I loved the Delena, I liked seeing Elena happy and still handling herself like a boss even when human (when she stabbed Lilly in the eye it reminded me of when she stabbed that guy at the decade dance with a mop\broom stick!) and I liked Jo eating copious amounts of food because yummy! Everything was kind of just...eh. Matt's starting to annoy me and I never get annoyed at Matt. I understand why he can't stand vampires but if it's really bothering him and he really feels like Alaric should leave town to protect his children, I think Matt should leave to protect himself and his sanity. I think he can always get some of his vamp friends to compel some money from some bank for him, compel him to leave town and Matt could just be happy somewhere. I just don't like seeing Matt so angry and unhappy with his life. I want him to be happy and living in this town is just making him bitter.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)