View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 07:19 PM
Mo Nighean Donn
Fan Forum Legend

The Sound of Music: Live! #2 - These are a few of my favorite things!

The Sound of Music: Live!
News and Discussion

Official Twitter Account

Quote:
From executive producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron ("Smash," "Hairspray," "Chicago") comes an instant holiday classic: "The Sound of Music," based on the original Broadway musical. Carrie Underwood and Stephen Moyer star as Maria and Captain von Trapp in this beloved story of the young novice who falls in love with Captain von Trapp and his seven children, set against the backdrop of Nazi-occupied Austria. The jewel in the Rodgers and Hammerstein crown, "The Sound of Music" contains some of the most famous songs ever written for the stage, including "The Sound of Music," "My Favorite Things," "Do-Re-Mi," "Sixteen Going on Seventeen," "Climb Every Mountain" and "Edelweiss."

This new version of "The Sound of Music" will be a faithful adaptation of the original stage musical, to retell the story for a whole new generation. And more than that, it will be broadcast LIVE, adding a whole new level of immediacy and excitement. Get ready to reintroduce your family to the most joyful, most emotional and most musical family adventure of them all. Three-hour live event.

Quote:
"My entire fall has basically been all about "The Sound of Music. That's a wonderful project that I've been asked to be a part of," Underwood shares in a video interview with the magazine. "It's a live musical on TV so there's been a lot of prep work."

She continues, "I've been in New York quite a bit doing run-through's and working on a kind of music that's not exactly the kind of music that I'm use to singing. So it's been a lot of work and it's been really challenging. But I think in the end it's really going to be very rewarding. It's going to be exciting to actually do a musical live on TV."

As far as performing live in the iconic role of 'Maria', Underwood reveals, "The live thing? It's gutsy. It's ambitious." Yet the only part that has her a little nervous is the acting. "Music is where I live. But doing other things broadens me and my experiences and what I can do. I'm up for anything."

The Sound of Music" will be presented as a live three-hour broadcast and will air on December 5 on NBC. Five-time Grammy winner Carrie Underwood will star in the coveted role of Maria Von Trapp. Acclaimed British actor Stephen Moyer, best known to U.S. audiences for his role as Bill Compton in HBO's "True Blood, will portray decorated World War I hero Capt. Georg Von Trapp.

From Universal Television, "The Sound of Music" is executive produced by Neil Meron and Craig Zadan. Beth

Carrie Underwood Talks Challenges of SOUND OF MUSIC PrepMcCarthy-Miller and Rob Ashford will serve as directors. The live holiday production will be based on the original 1959 Broadway production of "The Sound of Music," which starred Mary Martin and Theodore Bikel. The play won the Tony Award as best musical and Martin won as best actress.

Last edited by Always & Forever; 05-06-2020 at 10:16 AM