View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 05:14 PM
LysCat
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by speak slow (View Post)
Oh yeah, I definitely know she was seen as a Mary Sue in the beginning, which only made it really hilarious when it was revealed they named her Mary Sue Poots at the orphanage I think that was a pretty deliberate move from the writers though, just like they made Ward seem like Joe Normal for a big portion of S1, people complained about how he was whitebread and boring and then bam, that big reveal. With Skye her transformation was a bit more subtle, but I do think it was deliberate that they showed her as a somewhat predictable character at first only to quickly break her out of that role.
Yeah, that name had to have been a nod to those fans. I watch the show, my husband doesn't. However, I did manage to get him to watch season 1 on DVD, it took a while to get through it, but we finally finished it. But when they did that lie detector portion at the new base and he heard Skye's name, he was totally confused. I had to pause it to explain to him what a 'Mary Sue' was and then how some of the shows fans hated her and that it was a deliberate move on the side of the writers.