View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 04:03 PM
Ouyyir i'ch'Rihan
Extreme Fan

The time period was not a problem. Although it would have been more suitable for a show focusing solely on humans beginning to explore space and meeting other races. A story focusing on the formation of the Federation would need to be set closer to the original series. Unless the plan is to have a thirty-year series.

Quote:
but the writers didn't seem willing to make themselves familiar with the existing storylines to go that route.
That was not an Enterprise-specific problem. People writing episodes who obviously had never seen Star Trek and did not "bother" to read old scripts to familiarise themselves with the story before writing episodes, began in the last couple seasons of TNG.

Added to all the difficulties were things that made no sense. Humans were not technologically advanced enough to create tractor beams, but they were able to create a transporter? Vulcans and Andorians both had ships that were faster and more powerful than what humans had, but future Federation ships would be based on inferior human ships? The Andorians were made a major player in the early days. So what happened to them?

And when I recently watched DS9, I noticed a few ships that looked remarkably similar to the one in Enterprise.

Randy
My DeviantArt page. http://randicus.deviantart.com/gallery/

Last edited by Ouyyir i'ch'Rihan; 04-07-2015 at 04:13 PM