View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 03:58 PM
fr0zen_leaf
Loyal Fan

I found a ice article about Hilarie...and it has some interesting news:
Hilarie Burton, Stephen Colletti reminisce about ‘One Tree Hill’ during adorable Q&A |
Quote:
Hilarie Burton, Stephen Colletti reminisce about ‘One Tree Hill’ during adorable Q&A

On The CW’s locally filmed drama “One Tree Hill,” Peyton Sawyer famously expressed her internal angst and continued abandonment issues with the simple but frequently repeated phrase: “People always leave.”

At the end of season six, it was Peyton who left the series, with Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) and their newborn baby in tow. But Saturday, her portrayer, Hilarie Burton, made a return trip to Wilmington to chat with fans of the series at EyeCon’s “Return to Tree Hill” convention about her character, her life during filming and what she would have changed about the show.

For Burton, life in Wilmington during the series, which filmed from 2003 to 2011, quickly became a family affair.

“My favorite part about living in Wilmington is that my whole family moved down here,” she said during a standing-room-only Q&A. “We had vacationed here when I was a kid and after I was here for number of years, my parents moved down here, so I still get to come here.”

Although Hilarie now lives in New York with partner Jeffrey Dean Morgan, the Burtons still maintain a presence in the Port City. Her mother, Lisa, is a real estate agent and her brother, who is expecting his own child, still lives in town. Having those roots in the area made Wilmington home for the actress.

“It became home base for me, so I never felt out of place,” she said.

Joining her on stage was costar Stephen Colletti, who played “bar manager” Chase in later seasons. A native of Southern California, Colletti spent several years on the MTV reality series “Laguna Beach.” The move to Wilmington was a change of pace for him, but over time, it became his escape.

“Coming back on the show was always a thrill. I called it my escape from LA,” Colletti said. “To work with these amazing people on a pretty cool show, it was therapy for me. So Wilmington has a pretty strong place in my heart.”

When asked by an audience member what their favorite episodes were, Burton named the state championship episode in season three as her favorite, because it gave her chance to relive her own high school experience. She even told the audience the story of how her own football team went to the state championship and she ran out on the field and kissed the kicker after the win, a memory that echoes the episode’s climatic kiss between her and Lucas.

Colletti chose the season-nine episode in which he got to punch Chuck’s (Michael May) abusive dad and was hauled away in a police car.

During the 45-minute session, the two actors fielded questions ranging from the importance of the show’s soundtrack to dream role reversals. Burton took no time picking which character with which she would like to switch places.

“Dan,” she said immediately to applause. “I’ll say it every time. He’s unapologetic. You know, Peyton did a lot of bad stuff. But you validated it. You made sense of it. Dan didn’t have to validate anything. It was awesome. That’s the best part of the show.”

Burton also took the chance to announce that she will join her partner and “baby daddy” Jeffrey Dean Morgan on CBS’ summer series “Extant.” It will be the first time the couple has appeared onscreen together.

When asked if she would change any storyline from the show, Burton took the chance to address an issue she felt strongly about while filming.

“You know what, I had a problem with the promiscuity,” she said. “As a big-time virgin in high school, it bothered me that there was not just, like, one good girl.”

At that moment, the crowd began offering up Haley as an example of a good girl, to which Burton shouted, “Haley was married at like 15 years old! That’s crazy!”

She went on to say that she joined costars Sophia Bush and Bethany Joy Lenz in fighting for “more wholesome” storylines because they weren’t those girls in high school.

“I do hope that for the young women watching the show they know it is heightened reality and just grown ups playing teenagers. That’s not how it is supposed to go. Just keep it to yourself.”

Burton and Colletti were quick to praise their costars recent work, including Murray’s stint on ABC’s “Agent Carter” and Bush’s gig on NBC’s “Chicago PD.”

“We are really proud of each other. You came up together,” Burton said. “It was like we were the graduating class of Tree Hill.”