View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 08:57 AM
broken melody
Fan Forum Star

Cat & Vanessa appreciation #1 - Because her mom's murder is the reason Cat became a cop.

Catherine & Vanessa
appreciation thread

Kristin Kreuk chose the ring that Cat wears on her index finger. Eagle-eyed fans quickly noticed that Catherine wears a gold ring that once belonged to her mother at all times. But even though it’s come to have great significance for both Catherine and the plot – and will play a major role in Season 3 – it never would have been part of the show without Kreuk, who decided while filming the pilot that she wanted Catherine to have something physical to remind her of her mother’s death. (x)

"I wanted to have Catherine have one of her mom’s rings. She wears it all the time. It’s a reminder of her mother and I just decided that on the pilot. Catherine wears it all the time and it’s just always reminding her of what happened to her mom. She carries all her responsibility and her love with that ring." - Kristin (x)

Catherine’s video message from her mom: There’s so much I need to tell you. But I didn’t, because the people I’ve been working for, they can’t be trusted. And I was afraid that if you knew, they might hurt you or Heather, too. So I’m taping this, because if something happens to me, I just want you to know that I did what I tried to do, I did because I hoped things would be better, safer. For you, for everyone.
x
Supporters
001. broken melody
002. RunawayDaydreamer
003. Beyond Insane
004. green eyes sparkle
005. andii98
006. sourburst

Last edited by broken melody; 10-10-2017 at 02:40 AM