View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 07:21 AM
LabuanPearl88
Elite Fan

I’ll be simple: to me 6x16 is one of the most boring and worst-written episodes ever in this show Ian did a good job and made some good choices in directing it (like Caroline’s silhouette while Sara was entering the bar, very creepy and suited the moment perfectly ), I guess that with this script it could have been far worse, so thanks for that For the rest, I found practically all the character irritating and doing logic-less actions and SLs boring

THE “I GIVE YOU A PASS MARK ONLY BC IT’S YOU”:

The main trio: Damon practically did nothing, but he made his sad puppy eyes so I save him ; Elena tried her best but timing is her worst fault, damn her! ; Stefan did good too, even too much, but I still hope he’s faking everything with this switch-off thing

THE GOOD:

Mama S.’s revelation: I don’t like it, quite the opposite, but it was practically the only time I woke up from my catatonic state and surely the only thing that intrigues me right now, so I’ll give it the credit!

Kai: again, I don’t like the SL of him feeling sorry for this or that just thanks to Luke’s soul so his words are meaningless to me, but I found him “enjoyable” and bearable in this episode, practically the only not-crazy person… and that scares me

Lack of Delena: so happy they weren’t in the episode for once!

THE BAD… where should I start?:

First of all, I’m patiently waiting for the writers to give Elena Gilbert a SL again since she’s the main female character and not a furniture of this show

Sarah/Enzo: boring, can’t bare the ruin they made with his character And her reaction to his revelation was hilarious and so not-believable unless she’s hiding something which I think she’s not, so, again, not interested in them or this, they are forced to me

Liam: I even felt sorry for him, worst day of his life I guess But how about not bringing him back anymore, please?

Bonnie and everything linked to her: seriously?!? I found her irritating and boring on a whole new level S5 didn’t teach her not to keep things from people bc she'll be discovered anyway and they will all end up hurt in the end? And I’m deeply touched she finally remember to have a (now ex) boyfriend, it was about time! And frankly, she can be as angry as much as she wants to, IDC, but lash out on the reason of your pain, Bonnie, namely Kai… not on people who cares about you and worked their asses out to bring you back, thanks And Damon agreeing with Kai to bring him to her for apologize was so lame, I didn't recognize him, way to create just drama from nowhere

Caroline: big disappointment to me, found her very irritating and annoying all the episode, I have a hard time to be empathetic with her right now And while I was amazed by Candice’s acting skills in the last episodes, I didn't like her acting in this one, maybe bc feelings are a big part of her character and taking them away from her means making her half But I don’t think smirking all the time and open your eyes widely is enough to play a switched-off character seriously

Steroline: I save just the scene where Stefan took her face in his hands and practically bared his soul to her, very touching moment and Paul did an amazing job with his act For the rest, meh… I don’t like the “switched-off together” SL, I would have preferred him to stay with his emotions and I found annoying Caroline still blaming him for his choices during Damon’s death bc Stefan had apologized and tried to make it better I want this to be over already basically!
I am the storm"

Anna