View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 06:38 AM
ollibear
Master Fan

Emmett has a lot of people angry at him since last week. At least, that's what I see in social media. I have tried to defend him there (because he is my favorite character), but it's a losing battle.

It's interesting to me, because the writers did NOT want to make Bay or Tank the "bad guy" in what happened between them. And I can understand that. Sometimes there are no bad guys. I can see the writers' perspective.

But I think society needs someone to blame and punish in these sorts of situations.

Since it's impossible to blame Bay for what happened (she is the victim), and since Tank is paying such a big price for what appears to be an honest mistake, that leaves Emmett to blame, for not being supportive enough.

No one seems to take into consideration that Emmett was going to quit school to move home and be with Bay or that Emmett didn't ask for any of this to happen, and didn't even make any bad decisions to cause it. All that the people on social media seem to see is that when Bay told Emmett she asked a drunk Tank to look at the stars on the ceiling with her, Emmett didn't understand quickly enough. That seems to be unforgivable to many.

I see a lot of residual hatred for Emmett's original cheating incident, too. It seems a lot of people cannot move past or forgive that. Or maybe, when people are angry, they just use everything they can find in their arsenal.

But people don't seem to hold anything against Bay or Tank. It's definitely Emmett (and Daphne) who are the two hated characters in social media right now.

I'm starting to like Daphne again, despite myself. I noticed she has that picture of a pregnant Regina on her dorm room wall. And I noticed that she has Bay & Emmett's first motorcycle selfie on her wall, and now, I want Daphne and Emmett to be friends again.

I miss Emmett's friendship with Daphne. I don't like Bay being closer to Daphne than Emmett. It's like the stars are out of alignment again.