View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 08:24 AM
destroyer of worlds
Fan Forum Star

Just delurking for a bit to ask to be added to the list and barge in on the convo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
I have seen nothing in the show to suggest to me that any of the storylines/writing is a result of fan reaction. Jason has not separated Bellamy and Clarke just to upset the fans or lessen the dynamic of Bellarke. If anything their separation has highlighted their significance.

I was thinking the other day of the significance that the season began with Clarke trapped in Mt. Weather, clawing to get out. Her drive and focus was to find other survivors and ultimately save what was left of the 100. The season is ending with Bellamy going into Mt. Weather, to achieve Clarke’s goal. Well, his goal too - because they are of one mind when it comes to these things. To have the season bookended with Clarke and then Bellamy in Mt. Weather isn’t for nothing. Only these two could do this.
I agree with this, especially the bolded parts. On one hand, it hurts my shipper heart to see them basically separated all season but it did serve to highlight just how they utterly need one another and even little nuances like Clarke's reaction to hearing that Bellamy was safe spoke volumes. Which is why I think that the quote about Bellamy being the heart and Clarke being the brain is still so spot-on. He's the ying to her yang and vice versa.

And it would be actually really awesome if the finale went full circle like that.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit