View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 04:52 PM
Jewelstone
Master Fan

Quote:
Alloy Entertainment: As much as we love TVD for its romances and supernatural drama, the family dynamics keep the show grounded and give it heart. What will you miss most about being a Gilbert?
Steven R. McQueen: Everything! We shot the pilot when I was 19, then starting the show when I was 20. I’m 26 now and I grew up there. I’ll miss being a part of this world, and more than anything, I’m going to miss my friends — the cast, the crew, [and] the writers.

Alloy Entertainment: We’re glad Jeremy’s starting fresh in a safe, normal setting, but, technically speaking, he’s still a hunter. It’s in his blood. Is he setting his crossbow down for good or do you hope he returns at any point?
Steven R. McQueen: I mean, definitely! If they invite me back for an episode or two, I would love to come back and visit my family and friends filming in [Atlanta].

Alloy Entertainment: What do you personally envision happening in Jeremy’s future?
Steven R. McQueen: In a perfect world? I would love for him to run into Ra’s al Ghul or hang out with Batman. [Laughs.] I actually just visited the Batman museum recently and was freaking out.

Alloy Entertainment: Lucky! Were there any really cool exhibits at the museum?
Steven R. McQueen: Oh gosh! Well, okay, they had all the original masks there, including the Michael Keaton ones, and they had Christian Bale’s suit along with the ninja stars and the grapple gun — [aka] the batclaw. It was awesome! They also had the Joker costume and Catwoman’s. They even had a little model of the original Catwoman — Michelle Pfeiffer still takes it for me. [Imitates cat.] Rarr! It was so great.

Alloy Entertainment: Since we’re on the topic of comic book characters, Superman versus Thor: Who would win and why? Or would the Hulk eviscerate them both?
Steven R. McQueen: If it’s Superman versus Thor, then Superman takes it for sure. And if it’s Superman versus the Hulk? [Considering how] the Hunk grows stronger the angrier he gets, eventually he might be able to take on Superman. But right off the bat, I would pick Superman. He’s strong enough to take the Hulk and throw him into space. [Laughs.] I do think though that the Hulk would win the round against Thor.

Alloy Entertainment: And obviously we have to ask you about Nightwing! You’ve talked about it a lot, and we’ve even written a post listing all the reasons you’re well-suited for the part. What is it about this superhero in particular that stands out to you, and why do you want to play him?
Steven R. McQueen: I’ll tell you what — I think that every kid wants to be Batman. But Batman is a character that dedicated all of his time to training; he was billionaire who had pretty much anything he wanted at his disposal and could focus on things that are well out of normal people’s reach. Whereas Nightwing, though his story is rooted in tragedy as well, he doesn’t have a fortune. He relies on sheer ability alone and is a bit more lighthearted; he’s the like the Batman you aspire to become.

Alloy Entertainment: There are so many side-by-side photos of you and Nightwing floating around on the Internet, and you definitely bear a striking resemblance to him.
Steven R. McQueen: Don’t mind me — I’m just sitting here blushing. [Laughs.] But, yea, I honestly love the character and would love to play him.

Alloy Entertainment: As for your time on TVD, looking back on six incredible seasons, what would you say was Jeremy’s lowest point and his most triumphant moment?
Steven R. McQueen: That’s a good question. That a very good question. His lowest point would be when Bonnie disappeared, you know? At the beginning of the season, I talked to Julie and was like, ‘Look, I want to let [Jeremy] go. I wanna let his hair grow and have him go crazy.’ Jeremy’s lost a lot of people — starting with parents — and he’s gone through a lot. But to have found strength and hope and have that ripped from him? That definitely was a new low for him. As for his proudest moment, I would say it’s when they brought Bonni back from the Other Side in Season 5. He got his love back, and even though she got taken away again, he was truly happy.

Alloy Entertainment: Speaking of happiness, any time a character on TVD experiences an ounce of joy, something terrible usually occurs to balance things out. Will Jer Bear encounter any danger on his way out?
Steven R. McQueen: [Laughs.] I don’t know. I can’t tell you that — you’re going to have to tune in to find out.

Alloy Entertainment: Julie Plec confirmed on twitter that Bonnie will eventually escape the prison world and return home. Would you like to see some closure between Jeremy and Bonnie? And if you could plan a special date for the two of them, what would it include?
Steven R. McQueen: I would undoubtedly love to see a reunion between them…Absolutely! As for a perfect evening, I’m picturing a comfy bed, chocolate-covered strawberries, and a nice, scented candle. [Laughs.]

Alloy Entertainment: You’ve shared scenes with so many wonderful people over the years — Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder, Kat Graham, Zach Roerig and more. Who will you especially miss the most?
Steven R. McQueen: I’ll miss working with everybody; I’m so close with everyone on that set. Obviously the boys — Michael [Trevino[ and Zach — they’re the ones I hung out with the most and we always went out together. The last couple of years we’ve had so much fun, gotten in trouble together, settled down — it’s been a whirlwind. I’ll miss them a lot, whereas for Ian and Paul [Wesley] constantly gave me advice, and they were like big brothers to me. So, I’ll miss everyone in different ways.

Alloy Entertainment: Is there any particular memory from your TVD years that sticks out from the rest?
Steven R. McQueen: The whole experience! I know everyone says that, but it’s true. The show represents different stages of my life. I mean, 19 to 26 — that’s a big chunk of time. So, from the pilot when all met each other not knowing we were going to be spending the next few years together, to the last episode where everyone came in, put cake on my face, and still gave me hugs despite the cake on my face…it’s all been memorable.

Alloy Entertainment: As for our last question, do you have a message you’d like to relay to the fans?
Steven R. McQueen: Watch my next gig. Please! And if you’re a producer, give me a job. [Laughs.] Honestly though, thanks for supporting the show and my character — it’s been an amazing experience!
Rest of interview here

I didn't post all of the interview because a couple of questions were promo-related and kinda spoilery.