View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 11:09 AM
heather8615
Ultimate Fan

Finally getting over here to post my thoughts about the book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kategrinstead (View Post)
I'm about 2/3 through and OH. MY. WORD.

All I know is that they're going to have to nail the casting for Bree and Roger. They might have overtaken Claire/Jamie at this point for me ... I love how they have been developed and knew at some point some time-jumping would occur but I never thought she'd go alone!

But the casting will be like trying to capture magic twice, after finding Cait/Sam. For Bree alone, there has to be enough likeness to Jamie AND an incredible chemistry with Roger that has to simmer for (hopefully) the second and third seasons before exploding in the fourth. So good. I love that they're not overwritten. It's wonderfully enjoyable to see them develop more naturally and manage to surprise me in really sweet ways with their story.
This was my exact reaction when I found out that Bree went through the stones alone! DG did a fabulous job of allowing the reader to be just as shocked as Roger was!! I couldn't believe it!! Then Roger was preparing to go through the stones, and I was so worried!! Would he make it though?? Would he even arrive at the right time!? Would he find Bree?!?! Not to mention how worried I was about Bree!! This whole SL was fantastic!! When they finally found each other it was really sweet and just The handfast ceremony was very touching and then Roger leaves on his quest. In hindsight, that was probably the worst idea ever.

I think Bree does say this in The Fiery Cross, but the whole situation with Jamie/Ian/Roger really is all Lizzie's fault. I have to say though it was pretty funny for me waiting for the moment that Jamie & Ian realize what they did and reaction from Claire and Bree. What a case of miscommunication and mistaken identity. The ending of this situation was incredibly sad though IAN!!! Losing Ian was just awful!! Poor Jamie!! I loved seeing the Jamie/Ian relationship throughout the book! And now Ian has been traded for Roger

Jamie & Claire definitely took a little bit of a backseat to Bree & Roger in this book for me as well. Kate know this, but with every chapter I was just waiting to get back to Bree & Roger's story, to their perspective. I couldn't get enough of these two!!! I'm really interested to see who they cast for the role of Bree and Roger. They have to have certain qualities that are just non negotiable. Hopefully they'll be able to nail the casting just like they did with Sam and Cait. Personally, I don't have any person in mind, I would love it if they cast an unfamiliar face, someone who we don't have any preconceived thoughts about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kategrinstead (View Post)
While we were discussing where she's at in the book last night, Heather brought up just how bizarre the whole incident with the shoes and the skull under the roots of the tree was. Anyone else feel the same? She mentioned "shoes" and I was like shoes? It was so strange I somehow blocked it out completely until she jogged my memory.
This is still really creepy!! Was this ever resolved in the book? I can't remember. How the heck did her shoes get back to the house?! And seriously what was up with that skull??

Will post more when I get the chance (and remember what happened in this book! )