View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 08:29 AM
everwoodfan52
Fan Forum Hero

From the last thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
Episode: 4.21

I realized the second this episode got going how much more I adore this series over Dawson's Creek. It's not even close. In season 4 Dawson's Creek, at the end of the season, they graduated and I was so blah about it. I didn't care about the town of Capeside anymore, I couldn't have cared less where they were all going. I mean, I didn't really care about the fact that the teens were moving on and how it wouldn't be the same for them anymore. Why? Well, the so called friendships in the series were either fake, strained or non-existent. Joey, Jen, and Andie don't compare to Peyton, Brooke, and Haley. Certainly Dawson and Pacey don't hold a candle to the dynamic of Lucas and Nathan.

When I compare the two shows it's night and day. I mean it when I say the more I fall in love with One Tree Hill, the more I realize how much better of a show it was than Dawson's Creek. Dawson's Creek is the reason why I was hesitant with One Tree Hill. I was scared of the triangle situation and didn't want to go through it again. I could kick myself for not taking a chance on One Tree Hill back in the day. I started to but got scared, all thanks to Dawson's Creek.

Anyway, just an observation and now to the finale of 4!

================

I love the slow motion with Haley going into labor and the gang looking on. So exciting and totally awesome. But then seeing Lucas' face when he gets that call about Karen, the embrace between brothers was...

I can totally see why Mark used Live's Lightning Crashes for the intro of the episode, showing Karen and Haley back and forth, back and forth. Flirting with death, flirting with life, and on and on. Well done, Mark.

Karen and Keith, awe, Karen and Keith! This spiritual aspect is something else, I love it so much. What an added element that is so unique and outstanding. Love it!

I take back what I said a while ago about the actors who play Dan and Karen having more chemistry than the actors who play Karen and Keith. No, just no. I mean both pairings have good chemistry. But now seeing Karen and Keith "in limbo" together... oh man, my shipper heart is swelling.

Chills when Jamie was born, so moving, aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Oh man the Lucas/Peyton CARRRRRRRRRRRRRR scene going back to The Pilot. Betty, keep remembering the car because it comes into play later on too.

Deb saying to bring her home some drugs is hilarious.

Deb cleaned up at the exact right time. She has a Grandson, Nathan and Haley can use her help, the situation with Dan. It's perfect.

Rachel's back! I am glad. I never hated her, she was/is flawed. She certainly deserved to graduate, that is for sure, and to think about how far Rachel and Brooke have come is remarkable. They hated each other and then developed a true friendship. It was nice.

Haha I love when the girls start dancing. So cool.

Lucas and Skills, I love their scene.

^^^ That scene created tears. Lovvvvvvvvvvvve it.

Mouth running up and kissing Brooke was fantastic.

Love that last alone Lucas/Peyton scene.... Damn straight it doesn't matter Peyton, because you and Lucas are going to get that endgame.

Nathan telling Peyton he made his son and Peyton telling him good work, buddy is hilarious.

Love the Lucas/Haley scene... it started with them, they are so beautiful. Awe! Lucas is staying with them.

The Rivercourt scene... That scene is so beautiful it makes me sad.

Karen is with Lily surrounded by lilies and Keith...

Dan couldn't even kill himself... this storyline really is heartbreaking. I don't feel sorry for him being behind bars, I just feel sad over how someone could have messed up their life that much... this is reality. There are Dan's out there for sure. Have it all but end up with nothing.

Nathan and Lucas one on one last scene...

Precisely. What a horrible conclusion for this guy. He controlled all of this, absolutely all of it. He could have taken the position of being there for Karen with Keith still alive by supporting Lucas. He could have made up for things without the evil route he took. He completely lost it all... in every way.

Agreed. I wish they would have gone too.

Soulmates, baby. They're cut from the same cloth as Ephram/Amy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
Exactly. I think all of those factors could have been in play. Yes I think it was their first on the CW which had to have played a part in why the finale was set up in the manner that it was.

The one person missing on the Rivercourt in that last scene in 4.21 that I expected to be there was Tim. I wonder why Tim wasn't there? Skills is Lucas' oldest friend and Tim is Nathan's oldest friend. Tim should have been there.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 02-03-2015 at 08:39 AM